Licensing Trouble

Coding and general discussion relating to the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

DannyScott

Licensing Trouble

Post by DannyScott » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:32 pm

I have been using Swordfish for over a year now and I am having trouble updating to the latest version from both the IDE and the swordfish-si.exe installer.

After entering my license key I receive the following:-

Setup - Error (10035)

"An error has occurred. The product key entered has already been used on one or more machines."

The license has been installed on three machines, including the one I am trying to currently update and has always worked seamlessly before.

After reading some other threads on the forum I have tried clearing out my Windows\Temp directory, disabling my antivirus software etc. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

bitfogav

Re: Licensing Trouble

Post by bitfogav » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi,

This maybe a question for David but at present the ide installer .exe should allow you to install upto 3 machines using your license key,
and you should be able to deactivate an old installation using the ide installer .exe, this should allow you to install swordfish on a new machine..

Gavin

DannyScott

Post by DannyScott » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:12 am

I thought I would try deregistering the machine I was trying to update, and try a fresh Swordfish installation, but was then given the error message that the PC in question was not registered!

I therefore used our one remaining license from the six we have purchased, and I am pleased to report everything is working again.

DannyScott

Post by DannyScott » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:20 am

I am still having problems since having recently used a beta release. I backed up both executables as advised and I am now trying to upgrade to version 2.2.2.5 (as I am currently using version 2.2.2.2).

I am receiving the error message:

"An error has occurred. The product key entered has already been used on one or more machines." - YES this PC!

We originally purchased 2 licences (for use on up to 6 PC's) and we have 'lost' three seats now. I can purchase another license but I am finding it a little frustrating that every time I use a beta release (I am not criticizing the technical support in any way!) we lose a license 'seat'.

Can anyone help? is there any way to 'reset' our licenses?

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:43 am

You need to contact me directly, giving both your license keys and I can investigate. Each key will give you three seats. You will lose a seat if

(1) you move to another machine without de-registering your current machine
(2) you install some new hardware (like disk drive)
(3) Someone else if using your keys. I have had cases of employees taking keys home with them and installing, which will impact on the available keys.

Without knowing your exact circumstances I think it best to invalidate your current keys and issue new ones. This way, you can better monitor the points raised above.