TAP-28 Board Sale!

Discuss PIC and electronic related things

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Jon Chandler

TAP-28 Board Sale!

Post by Jon Chandler » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:22 pm

It's my birthday, so I'm offering the TAP-28 boards to readers of this forum at a special offer of 3 for $21 including shipping in the US or 3 for $16 + shipping for those of you outside the country.

This offer ends on December 12th and is only available through this forum. Send me a private message here with your mailing and shipping address - this offer is not available on the TAP-28 web page.

More great things are in the works....stay tuned.

Thanks,

Jon

Information about the TAP-28 Board - An applications board for 28-pin PIC18F-series

Francis

Post by Francis » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 am

Very neat.

But I can't follow the DS30 loader instructions you give.
http://www.clever4hire.com/throwawaypic ... for-amicus

I downloaded and installed DS30 and ran the GUI.

You say:
2. Click on VIEW on the IDE and click on Programmer Options (Amicus) or Compile and Program Options (Swordfish).

Well, I can't see that option.

I can't even see how it generates the bootloader hex..?

Am I running the wrong DS30?

Image[/img]

CharlieM

Post by CharlieM » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:11 pm

I think what is ment is from the compiler you click on view/compile program options. dsLoader does not make the bootloader firmware.
Running version 2.2.4.0 ICC 1.2.1.0
Regards CharlieM

CharlieM

Post by CharlieM » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Ok I was wrong. It has all the files needed to produce the bootloader firmware. you need to be familer with MPLAB. its all in asm. All the documentation on how to produce a bootloader firmware for your desired pic is there. does'nt seem "works out of the box" to me.
Running version 2.2.4.0 ICC 1.2.1.0
Regards CharlieM

Francis

Post by Francis » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Oh, that's a pity.

I was hoping that, at last, some lovely person had written an app which could be used by a numpty like me.

Select your PIC + select options + clicketyclick => and out pops a bootloader hex.

Ah well.

Jon Chandler

Post by Jon Chandler » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:19 pm

There are load files for the 18F25k20 (the part Amicus requires) on the TAP-28 page. Others aren't that difficult to make - follow the instructions on the ds30Loader page.

The instructions on the TAP-28 page are for installing the ds30Loader into the Swordfish IDE so that you can click the "Compile & Load" option to automatically program the chip.

The bootloader is pretty slick. You still need a traditional programmer to get the bootload code into the PIC but after that, you don't need a programmer.

Jon Chandler

Post by Jon Chandler » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Just a reminder...

The TAP-28 board sale continues until Sunday December 12th. Three TAP-28 boards with postage for $21, including shipping to most parts of the world.

Boards are on the way around the globe even now - I look forward to seeing some great applications!

TAP-28 Web Page