SD card sockets

Discuss PIC and electronic related things

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

honkerbob

SD card sockets

Post by honkerbob » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:21 pm

I'd like to start using the SD card stuff but I'm having some difficulty tracking down a supplier of SD card sockets. Does anyone know where I can get them? I know that Toby Electronics do them, but they seem to be the surface mount type and I'd like a through board connector if I can get one.

Many thanks.

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:15 pm

I suspect that they will all be surface mount - all the ones I have seen are. However, the pin spacing is huge and for most pins matches the 2.54 mm pitch of a lot of through board connectors. I don't think that you would have much difficulty putting solid wire through holes and then soldering the surface mount tabs to these.

honkerbob

SD Card sockets

Post by honkerbob » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks for your reply Steve. Putting wires through the board was an idea I missed. I'll give the surface mount stuff a go.

By the way, your backup plugin & monochrome image converter have become indispensable around here. Thanks for those, much appreciated.

Very best regards.

honkerbob

SD Card sockets

Post by honkerbob » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:45 am

Just as an update - CPC stock a good range of SD card sockets, including through PCB connectors.

They are reasonably priced, but the shipping charge is outrageous unless your order is over £25.

Very best regards.