PIC18F452 problem with USART (cont)

Discuss PIC and electronic related things

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

lonelyboy

PIC18F452 problem with USART (cont)

Post by lonelyboy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Dear Doj

This is continuation of my last post .

Do you think the problem might be because I may have chosen a low external crystal ( 10 MHZ ) , unfortunately PIC18F452 hasnt got internal oscillator .

I changed my program and chekced for TXSTA.1 register , but I still get rubish in IDE terminal , I thought if I change my ext crystal to 20 MHZ
that may fix the problem .

Doj

Post by Doj » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Hello lonelyboy(unusual handle!)

There is no need to make another topic to continue the thread, just use the "Post reply"(sorry if you know this already and any of the following)

In reply to your PM, the SE version is no different in its abilities to the full version with the exception that the amount of user RAM is limited to 500 bytes, this means that you can do some really serious programming with the very generous limit offered by David who wrote the compiler.

If you need some help with your code you need to post ALL the code you are using.
The easiest way is to copy the code from the IDE using standard windows functions and press the "Code" button at the top of the "Post a Reply" then paste the copied text into the window and then press "Code" again.

The code will then be formated on the forum in the same way as it is in the IDE and make it very easy to understand.

The issue you are finding is far more likely to be due to your hardware or your code than any problem with the compiler, code will always do what you tell it to do not what you expect it to do.

I along with many people use the serial out routines every day without any issue on all sorts of PICs, once the setup is correct that is!