Small IDE hassle

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Gary Barnes

Small IDE hassle

Post by Gary Barnes » Mon May 11, 2009 12:50 am

Hi Guys
I have to admit that the Swordfish Compiler is very, very good.
So I am going to buy it shortly.

I admire the IDE's that Mechanique/David have created and am hard pressed to find fault with them.

However the Swordfish IDE behaves a little differently than I expected in a small way.

When I cut and paste in the editor, I customarily use Shift Del to cut and Shift Ins to paste. The problem is that overwrite is toggled when the Insert key is pressed. So when pasting text into the editor, every alternate use of the Ins key causes any further typing to overwrite the contents of the line.

This is a little annoying as it sometimes means an unnecessary backspace and retype.

This doesn't happen in the Proton IDE for example.
So my question is, Is this behavior changeable ?
I cant find any reference to changing key mapping in the help file, or any flags to change in the editor options.

Any help resolving this problem would be gratefully accepted.

Regards

Gary Barnes
Nothing succeeds like a Budgie

octal

Post by octal » Mon May 11, 2009 12:52 pm

I also noticed that a long time ago, and I'm also personnaly anoyed by that behaviour, and NO there is no direct way to change that in any way.

I already asked about that a long time ago, and David said that we had to switch to use windows UCMA normalized keys for Copy/Past/Cut that are Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V/Ctrl+X.

I just switched to use them !

see point (2) in my (very) old post http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/forum/viewt ... highlight=

Gary Barnes

Post by Gary Barnes » Tue May 12, 2009 10:24 am

Thanks Octal.
Nothing succeeds like a Budgie