GLCD Font Creator plugin (POLL)

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

octal

GLCD Font Creator plugin (POLL)

Post by octal » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:23 am

Hello,
I'm in the process of reworking GLCD Font Creator (plugin and Pro versions).

A lot of work has been done (support for the new SF GLCD Format).

I wanted to know what are all the functionalities you want to see in the new version?

Regards
octal

Toley

Post by Toley » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:44 am

Hi Octal,

This is a very good news. I would like to see vertical and horizontal scan. And also the possibility to export in a standard lookup table (especially for Proton).

Thanks a lot for this very usefull program.

octal

Post by octal » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:56 am

Hello Toley,

concerning export filters in the pro version, there will be a nice tool ;) (stay tuned).

Regards
octal

xor

Post by xor » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:08 am

I think i emailed you privately at one time about added functionality to create button shapes with icon symbols. Also to use he same shape to add a shadow effect. Both can be used together using the SET_IMAGE function to create a pushed and release effect when using a touchscreen.

Here is a video example I employed creating the button icons myself... but a lot of work since I had no method to call up the original icon and create a second one with the added or subtracted effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HL7eJtv-4g

DaveS

Re: GLCD Font Creator plugin (POLL)

Post by DaveS » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi Octal,

First, I have purchased your GLCD Font Creator plugin (nice plug BTW) and I thought it was never going to be updated with the export options, so I didn't think I would be treading on any toes making a font table generating plugin.

I have a near complete colour/mono (free pixel style) graphic data extraction plugin with 2 compression methods and I wanted the standard mono output supported, since I had already written a programme in VB6, I decided to make a font table generating plugin as the methods are similiar, I could then reuse the code.

Here is what the font generating plugin should do, most of the routines are written, I JUST need to make a better form/s layout as there's a lot of options, if I ever get around to it.

Varible width fonts, select the height in pixels you want, this is what you get. (might be possible)
Fixed width fonts, select the width in pixels you want, this is what you get. (might be possible)
Fill direction all possible for all formats (Done)
Data in free pixel style (byte data wraps to next line) (Done)
Data in byte blocks (if last byte block in a line contains less than 8 or 6 pixels it is padded with 0 values) (Done)
6 and 8 bit supported for byte blocks. (Done) 5 and 7 bit could be added
Msb or Lsb supported for all output. (Done)
Compression of font table if required, what I call RLE2. (Done)
Editing of font if required. (Part Done)
Only Proton supported at present.

I haven't decided if to finish the plug, it was not going to be free.
octal wrote: I wanted to know what are all the functionalities you want to see in the new version?

Regards
octal
As above, it will save me a lot of work in completing it.

DaveS