Results View Addition

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Doj

Results View Addition

Post by Doj » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Hello David,
If there is to be an IDE update at any time I wonder if you might consider a small addition to the Results View.

I quite often wish to optimize code and ram usage or even just see what resources are required with differing routines and writing approaches.
This means I note the code/ram used before changes and then work out the new when recompiled(often forget it !)

My wish is that the Results could show the current use and the difference between the last compile if it were possible.

johngb

Post by johngb » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:59 pm

Look at the .spf file generated by the compiler - it should give you the information you want - you could write a simple plugin triggered on the compile event which extracted the info you wanted from the previous spf file and then on compile success compare the result.
JohnB

Doj

Post by Doj » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:16 am

Hello John,
Plugins, that is a subject I have not fully go to grips with.
Perhaps this is an opportunity to do so.

I found this thread http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 305613fde1

Do you know if it is still relevant?

Doj

Post by Doj » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:59 am

I have just been looking at the instructions for the VB code and came up against an issue,
http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/wiki/upload ... onnect.png
This shows the image with the VB code but it cuts off everything to the right and I do not have enough knowledge to figure out what the missing text is.
Anyone got the required text?

nigle

Post by nigle » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Doj wrote:Anyone got the required text?
You shouldn't need it, VB can create these declarations for you. On the left hand dropdown list at the top of the code window, select Form1 Events. In the right hand dropdown list, you will now have all of the from's events listed. Click the one you need, eg. FormClosing, and VB will create the declaration and the end sub:

Code: Select all

Private Sub Form1_FormClosing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs) Handles Me.FormClosing

End Sub

Doj

Post by Doj » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Aha!, that seems to be sensible, Thanks.