Compiler Command Line Options

Coding and general discussion relating to the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

octal

Compiler Command Line Options

Post by octal » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:15 am

Hi,
is there any doc about the compiler command line options ? what are the parameters recognized by the SESwordfishICC.exe compiler ?

Best regards

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:50 am

There is no command line support at the moment - there are plans to add this in the future.

octal

Post by octal » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:27 pm

Hi David,
thank you for your quick response. I have two other questions:

1- The fact that there is no command line options, does this mean that to compile a file using the command line compiler we have only to pass the main file to the compiler ? is there any ERROR output file ?

2- Is it possible to compile a module alone ? the aim is to be able to sell compiled modules instead of giving source codes to final users. It would be nice if we can do that. We are not forced to have a linker, the only this wanted is that, for example, the compiler (or the IDE) crypt in a certain way the module files, and when the user integrates the file with the include keyword, the compiler verify, if the file is ascii it loads it and compile it, and if it's crypted it decrypts it and integrate it in the program being compiled. This kind of protection can be very helpfull and usefull for users who wants to commercialize their modules.

Best regards

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:31 pm

> 1- The fact that there is no command line options, does this mean
> that to compile a file using the command line compiler...

You have to compile via the IDE. Command line is not supported at the current time.

> 2- Is it possible to compile a module alone ?

see this thread...

http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12

octal

Post by octal » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Sorry for being so curious ... but when can we excpect command line compiling possible ?
I'm writing a new IDE for SFCompiler ... an IDE of a new kind ;) I have a new idea on about the way we are writing programs for PIC and I think that my IDE will make programmers more productive using SFCompiler than any other language !!!!

1- Can we have estimation of when it will be possible to have command line tools ?

2- Is there (or is it possible to have) any documentation on the protocol used by the ICD to do step by step debuggin ?

Best regards

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:51 pm

I cannot give you a date at the moment - the biggest demand from users is modules - so that's what I am currently looking at.

The IDE does not have an ICD at the moment but it is likely to be based around the COFF file format, if you want to get an idea of what will most likely be used...