Swordfish IDE App Crash

Coding and general discussion relating to the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Aresby

Swordfish IDE App Crash

Post by Aresby » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Is an App Crash (Win7) the sort of thing I should post here? Washing dirty laundry in public and all that.

Also I suspect that if anyone can fix it, it would be David so not particularly useful to anyone else?

I can email Swordfish/David - just some etiquette guidance please.

Interestingly my code was nearly all saved - it seems the code get saved every time I press F12 (syntax check). Phew!
Aresby
Swordfish & PIC Newbie

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:43 am

You need to email me your source code files so that I can reproduce the error here - I am assuming the error is repeatable?

Aresby

Post by Aresby » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:56 am

Hi David

No, it's not the code (compiler) that crashed it was the IDE (editor). And it's not repeatable.

I was just typing some random characters on a couple of line trying to figure out what Smart Tab was doing and then bam! Windows 7 reported that Swordfish has stopped responding, which was true.

I've captured the details that were displayed by Windows 7 on screen but that's it.

I'm happy to put it down to a glitch (it hasn't happened again) although I do press F12/CTRL-S quite frequently now, just in case.

Shall I send you what I have and you can decide on that basis of the Windows error message? You never know it might point you in the right direction.

Apart from that, I'm finding Swordfish quite excellent. Needless to say I have several general questions, the answers to which I have failed to find on the forum so I will post those separately. Typical newbie questons, I should imagine.

Don't worry, I'll calm down soon.
Aresby
Swordfish & PIC Newbie

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:02 am

If it's not repeatable there is not much I can do. Note that all open files are saved with F12 or before a full compile.