Even the examples run into Demolimit

Coding and general discussion relating to the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

CS

Even the examples run into Demolimit

Post by CS » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:54 am

Hallo,

it is difficult to understand, how someone can test a new product, when even the examples run into the demo limit of SF. (One-Wire with DS1820).

I also don't understand that I didn't receive the full SF-Compiler! I ordered it 14 days ago and nothing happens except for the money is away :twisted:

Best wishes

CS

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:21 am

> it is difficult to understand, how someone can test a new product,
> when even the examples run into the demo limit of SF. (One-Wire
> with DS1820).

This should not be happening. All the examples should build using the SE version. What version of the compiler are you running (look in HELP...ABOUT). Can you post the complete program you are trying to build.

> I also don't understand that I didn't receive the full SF-Compiler! I
> ordered it 14 days ago and nothing happens except for the money
> is away

From whom did you order the compiler from?

mister_e

Post by mister_e » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:40 pm

CS,
I took me more than this before receiving it here. It's only because of the Canadian duties... they're reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllyyyyy slow. They says it could take up to 14 opening business days.... that's true. 14 business days is still 3 weeks, 21 days... YUP! be patient.

CS

Post by CS » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:40 pm

Hi,

@David Baker: From now I'm using the 1.2.0.8 D and now the compiler compiles the example (DS18B20DisplayTemp). Now the problem is that I want to use the GLCD for output. Therefor I have to include the GLCD.bas. Also I wanted to test the SetResolution and the GetTempAsStr function. That let the program run into the demo limit.
(Maybe I must check my variables again)

@mister_e:
... YUP! be patient.
It is difficult to be patient when I can see that the money is away since the 15.11.06 and nothing happens. Today I have tried again (and for last time) to contact the seller. If he wasn't answer until next week, then I contact David Baker directly and try to demand the money back! (My Bank told me that I can do this 6 weeks after entering)

Thanks

CS

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:46 pm

> It is difficult to be patient when I can see that the money is
> away since the 15.11.06 and nothing happens. Today I have
> tried again (and for last time) to contact the seller. If he
> wasn't answer until next week, then I contact David Baker
> directly and try to demand the money back! (My Bank told
> me that I can do this 6 weeks after entering)

Can you let me know where you ordered the compiler from and perhaps I can look into it. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation, but please supply more information so that I can help you.

CS

Post by CS » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:31 pm

Hi David Barker

sorry, for the mistakes in your name in my last post :oops:

Give the seller a last chance because of the reply from mister_e. I don't want to anger someone because of my impatience.
If the seller didn't answer my last E-Mail, then I will give you all the information wich do you need, for looking into it.

Thanks

CS

CS

Post by CS » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:28 pm

Hi David Barker,

the last information for my order of the full SwordFish-Compiler is the following:
Your item left the United States from KENNEDY AMC at 8:11 AM on November 26, 2006. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
I don't know what it really means (Are the goods in Germany? )but maybe the goods arrive in the next week.

CS

xor

Post by xor » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:16 am

CS,

CircuitED sold you the compiler and it was shipped from NYC. We received your payment on Nov 23, then processed and shipped your order on Nov 24, and it appears to have left the US early on Nov 26. We sent the package USPS Global Priority Mail as you chose, which is usually dependable and inexpensive. It may be sitting in German customs right now. This is the usual amount of time for regular mail when Customs is involved and you should be receiving it soon.

We have not received any emails from you recently. We are usually very prompt in replying to our customers. I personally reply to all emails sent to [email protected].

Regards,
Warren

TimB

Post by TimB » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:40 am

Your in Germany right? Then why not order direct from Mecanique? The UK is part of the EU, that means no customs and quick delivery. It would have taken only a couple of days.

CS

Post by CS » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:00 pm

Hi XOR,

thanks for reply. Nice to hear something about the items. The last Mail that I send to you was on the 01.12.06 where I ask "How about the goods?" because I haven't any information about it? But no one answer.

@TimB: Yes, you're right I'm a German and thanks for the hint but a little bit to late. The story why I bought the compiler at CircuitED is very simple. I googled for Swordfish compiler. Somewhere I found some projects wich are solved with the SwordFish-Compiler. They recommend the CircuitED for buying. So I ordered the Compiler there.

Best wishes

CS

CS

Post by CS » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:55 pm

I received the SF-Compiler and the USB-Key.

Now I'm a proud user of the SF-Compiler :D :D :D

Thanks

CS

CS

Post by CS » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:56 pm

Thanks

CS

CS

Post by CS » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:56 pm

Thanks

CS

mister_e

Good!

Post by mister_e » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:45 pm

Have fun!

xor

Post by xor » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:08 pm

Hard to compete with mister-e on this.... :D :D :D