Can't find MemoryAccess.bas

General discussion relating to the library modules supplied with the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

MarkW

Can't find MemoryAccess.bas

Post by MarkW » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:17 pm

I wrote a fairly large program back in 2009 that controlled a motor and the code had to be UL approved. But the project died because the thing that the motor went into could not pass UL tests.

Apparently that got resolved and the project is back on. So, I found the code and when I try to compile I get and error:

Include "USART.bas"
Include "Convert.bas"
Include "eeprom.BAS"
Include "System.bas"
Include "MemoryAccess.bas" <--- Error is on this line

"Unable to include file"

It's been too long ago and I can't remember where these include files came from.

Two things have happened to the code since I wrote the originally. I moved the code into an archive folder and I got a new copy of Swordfish in March of 2011 which I installed over the original copy. Other than that, the code has been untouched for almost 4 years.

Can someone help me get that module back?

Thanks,
Mark

Jerry Messina
Swordfish Developer

Post by Jerry Messina » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:47 pm

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Thanks Jerry.

Yes, I am sure that was the one. I found it on the SF web site after I posted the question.

I must admit that I haven't used SF for a couple of years now and I can't remember how modules work. Where are the other ones like 'USART.bas' and 'Convert.bas' located? I can't find any files on my computer with those names. I see that 'MemoryAccess.bas' is a User Module so I'm guessing that at one time I had copied it someplace where the compile could find it but in the years since it got deleted.

What fun it is to have a project lay dormant for almost four years and then get hot again!

Mark

Jerry Messina
Swordfish Developer

Post by Jerry Messina » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:21 am

Where are the other ones like 'USART.bas' and 'Convert.bas' located? I can't find any files on my computer with those names
You probably can't find them because your OS knows better, and you're being protected from yourself.

I don't use the default install directory, but you'll likely find the libraries and other files in the hidden ProgramData folder (ie C:\ProgramData\Mecanique\Swordfish)

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks again Jerry.

Well I learn new things every day and I guess this is my item for the day.
The Program Data folder was not hidden but apparently the Windows search program does not look there. Once I actually looked there I can see all the .bas files. I was relying on 'search' to find the files and I should have known better!