Win 8.1 SF Libraries etc. .. how to access without faff?

General discussion relating to the library modules supplied with the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Francis

Win 8.1 SF Libraries etc. .. how to access without faff?

Post by Francis » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:39 am

After some fiddling I discovered that all the "Includes", "Library", "UserLibrary" etc. folders are now in C:>Programdata>Mecanique folder.

These aren't, by default, visible in the SF 'Open' dialogue box or even from Windows Explorer on my PC.
I had to do a search to find them and set a favourite to access the Programdata\Mecanique folder conveniently.

Now I've set it as a Favourite (link) in Windows Explorer it appears in the SF 'Open' dialogue, so I can access them easily.

Is there another way to do this? I can't find any advice in SF.
(It took ages to find esp as I'm relatively new to Win8).

Obviously SF and Windows knows where to look, but I didn't :? .

Can a mention go into 'Help' or a new File>Open_Library_Folder command or something like that?

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Re: Win 8.1 SF Libraries etc. .. how to access without faff?

Post by David Barker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:23 am

VIEW...EDITOR OPTIONS, then check "display full filename in application title bar". All you then need to do is click on the file you are importing from the explorer window. It will open it in a new tab and display it's location in the title bar.

Coccoliso

Re: Win 8.1 SF Libraries etc. .. how to access without faff?

Post by Coccoliso » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:31 pm

Hello Francis,
I have resolved by a desktop shortcut that points to the folder :
C:\ProgramData\Mecanique\Swordfish\Library
while since I have moved the location of the documents on D: always on the desktop I made a connection to my projects folder :
D:\Users\Coccoliso\Documents\Swordfish where I copied the original folders UserLibrary and Samples from C:\ProgramData\Mecanique\Swordfish\ and there I created a folder named Projects .
This allows me to make backups of my workbooks with a simple ZIP of D:\Users\Coccoliso\Documents\Swordfish ..
Everything works fine and Swordfish finds the right UserLibrary on D:\ since it is in the user Documents folder defined by system.
Only precaution you need is move the My Documents folder from the Property tab that you find by opening the link to the user and then select Paths and Move otherwise the system is not aware of this new folder and is not added to the collections of the user and from that moment avoid putting any module in original UserLibrary on C:\ that you will leave empty.