Sitronix lcd controller

General discussion relating to the library modules supplied with the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

rocketbob

Sitronix lcd controller

Post by rocketbob » Thu May 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Out of curiousity, has anyone here worked with a Sitronix ST7529 glcd controller? I've never heard of it myself prior to today, and am wondering if it would be worth the effort to build a GLCD driver or if it would be a better idea to find a LCD that uses a more popular controller, such as the S1D13700.

http://www.sitronix.com.tw/sitronix/pro ... enDocument

Regards,
Bob

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Fri May 18, 2007 6:32 am

Bob,

It looks like an interesting driver chip and the grey scale sounds good - have you got a link for the display itself that uses this driver? It sounds like you could put together a GLCD driver for it without too many problems - you could base much of it on the library for the colour display (S1D15G00).

Regards,

Steve

rocketbob

Post by rocketbob » Fri May 18, 2007 5:48 pm

Thanks Steve. I am on the fence about using an LCD with a built-in controller, because I would like to have the flexibility to source a display from more than one manufacturer. Actually now I am thinking about going with a 320x240 color display instead of a monochrome one, using an Epson S2D13A05 controller. I imagine that this controller could be used by modifying the S1D15G00 library but I haven't compared the datasheets yet.

Regards,
Bob

rocketbob

Post by rocketbob » Fri May 18, 2007 7:53 pm

Actually, if I could figure out how to talk to an iPod Video LCD... They're very abundant on eBay for about $20 or so. Can't find a pinout or datasheet for them though. Yet...

Regards,
Bob

MichaelM

Post by MichaelM » Sat May 19, 2007 11:17 am

rocketbob wrote:Actually, if I could figure out how to talk to an iPod Video LCD... They're very abundant on eBay for about $20 or so. Can't find a pinout or datasheet for them though. Yet...

Regards,
Bob
You got my attention Bob. I wonder if I'm lookin' at the same thing. They seem to be complete MP3/MP4 players. Whoa -- $30USD for shipping?

Mike

rocketbob

Post by rocketbob » Tue May 22, 2007 3:55 am

I just paid about $20 for one including shipping.

If I can find a suitable RGB display controller, I think may be doable. The RGB interface would be too much for a PIC to handle. Also, somehow I'd have to come up with a pinout for the display.

Regards,
Bob